Garage Upgrade

 


I truly love our home but the outside was looking dated. We wanted to do a few things to upgrade it. First, we paint the house. The color choice was surprisingly easy. I got a few samples of paint and did large swatches on the house. The first color I put on, I knew was perfect. But I added several other colors to compare. I did a little experiment and asked my family and potential painters for their choice without any input from me. Every single person chose it as their top choice. It was Sherwin Williams Urbane Bronze. It is a truly fabulous color that is a chameleon. It adapts to its surroundings. I have another color in my home that does the same thing, Pratt and Lambert Elk Tan. I knew I wanted to upgrade our garage doors to be a standout feature. They are front and center on our house, not my favorite design, but I decided to make it the star of the show. I found a very detailed and fabulous tutorial online for $10. I highly recommend  it. https://www.everythingicreate.com/p/garage-door-tutorial.html?m=1 
2nd from the top is Urbane Bronze 

Before


Taping off after primer and base coat

First Squares

Halfway there

There are a lot of steps and I hurt my back by trying to do too much at one time. I learned my lesson and after I rested, I took it easier. The results, while not perfect, are still awesome. Well worth the $10 investment. Also, the artist who wrote it, Robert Schott, is fantastic and answered any questions I had and helped me with color choices. 

My next project is the front door to match but the pollen is bad and I'm very allergic. We also are working on a few other outdoor upgrades but the price of wood is too high right now to tackle them immediately. Windows are definitely in the works and needed. We can't afford to do all of them at once but we will do the the front first. Windows are expensive! 


There also is one item I'm pretty excited about. It is not needed, but will add so much character to the front. Can't wait to share it. Getting an estimate now. 







Comments

Popular Posts