Romantic Christmas Tree - Silver and Gold

Our Faux Fireplace has inspired a new Christmas Tree theme. It isn't done quite yet. I'm waiting on a topper but I wanted to show some progress and how decorating a tree with just lights, ribbon and garland is a good trick if your budget is tight.

Let's talk lighting first. For the love of all that is Christmas,  always buy warm white lights if you are going with white lights. The LED lighting that is plain white is jarring and gross. Even if it says "warm white", check them. I've returned a few that claimed to be "warm white" that were awful. Incandescent lighting is the best. I always mix different size bulbs on my tree. C9 size, usually reserved for outdoor lighting, is amazing on a tree. I had a string of mercury glass bulbs that I used on my bedroom tree. It brings in an old-fashioned feel that works well.

Next, put your garlands. I used a gold garland with a little sparkle from Michael's here. It drapes so well. I also added a beaded snowflake garland, also from Michael's.
Ribbon is an inexpensive way to add texture and take up visual space.  I wove the gold and silver netted ribbon from Michael's in and out of the tree securing it by twisting a branch around it on the inside of the tree. Second, I cut 24" pieces from this Hobby Lobby gold sparkle ribbon. I wanted it to be an undercurrent color so I pulled it into the middle of the tree and let it peek out in places. I only used a few of these but it has a big impact.

You could stop here with your decorating and it would be stunning. But you know my motto, "if it's worth doing,  it's worth overdoing" 😆 I found these vintage inspired glass ornaments in my color scheme at Hobby Lobby. I added some sparkle glass balls from Michael's.




I am tweaking the design and adding some florals and sparkle stems and picks. I'll show you the finished product soon but wanted to show you the progress this far.


Comments

Popular Posts