Mad for Plaid


I find that there are things I gravitate toward each year. This year it is plaid. Plaid is a classic that never goes out of style. It mixes well with florals or plain materials. I think Ralph Lauren is the master of plaids. He has used them consistently and successfully through the years in his clothing and housewares. I wanted to show some great finds this year.

Ribbons - an inexpensive way to pull plaids into your decor. Use on your tree, in garlands or on packages to pull in some classic style. Pull an additional accent color out of the plaid and use a plain colored ribbon in that color to mix in. I found some fabulous wired ribbon at Joanne's Craft store in their Christmas section. The beige and black one on the far right is a flannel ribbon from Walmart.


Throws - TJMaxx and HomeGoods were my source for these beautiful plaid throws. I had to splurge on this Ralph Lauren throw but it is a classic from the master himself.  The beautiful cashmere blend scarf was a find from Hallmark and at $15 is a perfect gift.


A plaid pillow with a fuzzy edge will go perfectly in my guestroom. I've recently refreshed the garden guestroom with a fuzzy chenille bedspread and chenille curtains. I'll show it later decorated for Christmas. It is so vintage and dreamy.


And who can resist a guy in plaid...with a sleeping puppy...forget it. It's the stuff Hallmark movies are made of. This one here is mine. 😉



Comments

Popular Posts